About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, October 14, 2010

10 months....

It has been 10 months since I last ran (Dec 15th - I was about 4 weeks pregnant and I threw up!). Today, I got on that treadmill and banged out 2.9k in 25 mins.

I'm pretty proud of myself.

I didn't really have a plan other than to put 30 mins on the timer and give'r. Once I started, I tried to maintain a 3 and 1 pace, but that wasn't happening at all. I quickly settled into a 2 and 2 pace which was fine. I was chugging along and the time was counting down, but then the baby started to cry (he was napping upstairs when I started), so I let him cry for another minute (insert Mother of the Year award here) and finished out 25 mins.

I feel good... now.

Right after the run/walk, I felt like throwing up! HA! While I had eaten a good breakfast (banana, oatmeal, coffee, water), I had also nursed the baby before hitting the treadmill so its likely that my blood sugar was a bit low. A quick yogurt changed that and now that I'm showered up I feel good. We'll see if there are aches and pains later.

The only thing I'm going to say is that I need a more supportive running bra. Right now, I'm uh, bigger than normal (totally due to nursing the baby) and not being in the right bra hurts! I don't know how people who are normally DD's run. They must strap the girls DOWN. HA.

Anyway, this is the first run toward a plan of racing, but that plan can be told in another post. For now, I'm happy that I actually got back on the treadmill and look forward to recovering my running ability and passion.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Good to see you back at it. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!