About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolution Run Report

I showed up to the Running Room with plenty of time to pick up my bib, go to the washroom and hang around, outside wit the other 75-100 runners.

The weather was AMAZING for December 31st in the GTA! 9 degrees with no wind and a fine mist at times. I had brought the Resolution Jacket that we got as part of the kit just in case, but I didn't need it at all. In fact, by the end of the run, I was feeling very hot in my brand new warm running tights and a tank top, long sleeved dry-fit top and wind jacket. I'm glad I wore a baseball cap instead of a toque.

The run was through a subdivision and it was tough as there were many, many, many slight variations in the grade of the road which meant a bunch of up and downs. I powered through most of them though and only ended up walking three times.

I finished in 34:45 which is awesome as it means I cut 4 minutes from the Jingle 5k 20 days ago!

I now have to decide if I'm going to join the running room's half marathon program targeting the Mississauga half marathon or if I'm going to do it on my own. In the meantime, the goal is to run 20k a week in the next few weeks until I'm forced to make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!