About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, November 1, 2010

Success x 2!!!

I've had two successful runs now while the baby slept!

WHEE!!!!

The first was on Thursday and I ran 3.5k in 30 minutes doing 2 and 1s.

The second was today (November 1st) and I ran 3.1k in 25 minutes doing 3 and 1s (the baby woke up about 24 minutes into the run so after I settled him down, I decided to shower and stretch rather than tempt fate a second time just for 5 minutes).

I think the goal will be to do at least two daytime runs and then get one good 30-35 minute run in at night after the kids go to sleep.

In other news, a friend and I have signed up for the Santa Jingle Run on December 11th in Burlington. Some of you GTAers may know this run as they give you a Santa outfit that you MUST wear to participate! I can't wait! This is totally going to be a fun run with no expectations at all except to finish.

I'm toying with attempting one race per month (the Robbie Burns 8k in January seems interesting), but I think I'll see how November goes first.

I'm going to do the Mississauga half marathon in May for sure and will likely follow an internet group as I can't do long runs on Sunday mornings (my husband plays hockey). I can't wait to start training and have targeted January to start the plan. I'm wondering if it is worth it to sign up with the Running Room online or to just go it on my own. I will ask some of my real life runner friends, but feel free to offer advice here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!