About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Friday, November 19, 2010

Week of November 15, 2010

On Sunday evening, I looked at the calendar and quickly calculated that there was not much time left until the 5k run I had signed up for so I decided that I had to get a better handle on consistent training.

I started out strong, running 5k in 40 minutes on Monday (yes, the baby cooperated) and then... nothing. To my credit, I was out all week (Doctor Monday - the three month old is almost 15lbs! Play dates Tuesday and Wednesday and the dentist on Thursday with my older son). I did think of running back to my parents from the dentist (3.5k - they were watching both boys while I got my teeth cleaned), but it was raining and well, I'm a wimp. I did manage 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight for a total of 3.5k.

I know that I have to just stick to a plan of running at night if I don't get time in the day, but motivation escapes me so often. Maybe I should just pay the half marathon fee and then there would be no skipping allowed.

At least I'm doing something. On my last mat leave I relied on lugging my baby around for fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!