About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Friday, June 3, 2011

5 Things Friday

1. This week, I finally took advantage of the good weather AND the jogging stroller:


Don't worry, I have a UV/Bug cover that goes over top of him!



I ran 5.15k on Tuesday morning and man, it was HOT:


It was also a lot harder than I thought to push the stroller, but totally doable, even in heat that was 40 or so with the humidity.

2. I bought new clothes (2x shorts and 2x racer back tanks)! Zellars has a BOGO 50% off and I took advantage of the offer. For the amount I spent, I would have only gotten one pair of regularly priced shorts at RR or lulu. My husband is rather happy about that! I WORE the short shorts on my 6k tempo last night and they were okay! I can't believe I've come so far as to actually WEAR shorts on a run!


3. Speaking of shorts and confidence, I hit the 130s on the scale this week for the first time in well over five years! I'm only just into this zone, but I'm celebrating anyway! My scale victory has been followed by being able to wear shorts and capris I haven't worn in years!

4. I finally bought new shoes! I stuck with the exact same pair that have done me so well up until now, and purchased New Balance 940s (formally 850s). I can't wait to try them out tonight!

5. I'm bib #262 for the Break and Honey 15k road race this Sunday, June 5th. I've yet to decide if I'm going to put any goals out there. It is 9.3 miles so an odd distance and I should really just use it as an LSD run. I'm going to think about it some more.

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. Tuesday AM was a scorcher and sooo muggy! Awesome job!

    Have a great race this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!