About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, April 6, 2009

The funk that's been me

I've been in a funk. Quite a major exercise one to be honest. While the past three weeks have seen me head to Curves 8 times (out of a goal of 9), I've only run 10.15km! That's it, that's all. The good news is that 5km of that was outside. Ooooo! One goal down! That was on March 28th. Then tonight (April 6th) I finally got back on the treadmill and could barely, barely get through 40 mins and 5.15km. I seriously thought I was going to vomit at the end. Sigh. I must see this week as one where I can begin anew with a schedule that includes regular running. I signed up for a 5k race on May 9th and I paid $600 for running orthodits, so there is no excuse.

Part of the problem is the 8pm run. My running time is limited during the week to begin with (because I'm not going to spend upwards of 40 mins away from my kid when I only get 2 hours a day with him), and now my husband has broken his hand so I have to take care of many things he used to do (washing dishes, chopping things for dinner, bathing the kid, sweeping etc etc). I guess by the time 8pm rolls around the the kid is in bed and I've done the little chores, I just DO NOT want to do anything other than vegetate on the couch. On the other hand, it is ONLY 40 or so minutes! That is what needs to motivate me! I'll check back in to update my Wednesday when I plan to run again. In the meantime, send some motivation vibes my way, kay?

1 comment:

  1. 10K in 3 weeks sounds awesome to me...:P

    just keep plugging away at it. little by little. bit by bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!