About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Um... 11 minute mile?

What's the deal with a 10 minute mile? Its a big thing, right? I know that if I ran one, it would mean I'd be hitting my 5k in 30 minutes goal. Anyway, I ran 4 miles in 44:16 on the treadmill tonight. That included 2 minutes of warm up walking and 1 of walking at 33 minutes. So, I am close.

So close.

Thisclose.

I should just put 30 minutes on the treadmill and let'er fly.

After this weekend, perhaps I'll do just that.

Today I spent drinking beer at the Jays game with my husband:


We sat on top of the bullpen:


and drank a few beers after enjoying a lunch of cart hot dogs. This afternoon game is a rare thing and it was great to be off work and able to enjoy it. The fact that the Jays actually won, made it even better. Then the husband went off with a friend to the fights (to watch) and the kid and I shopped and ate at McDonald's. I had zero motivation to run, but as soon as the kid went to bed at 8:30, I went down the the treadmill and kicked out my 4 mile compromise (I should have done 5, but wanted to do 3 - I didn't run this morning because I decided to clean instead). I don't know if I'll be able to get any more runs in this weekend as it is my baseball playoffs. It is a double knock-out and we finished fifth. Same as last year. Last year we ended up second place to a team that went 22-0 in the regular season and 5-0 in playoffs. This year it will be a much closer race.

I'll spend the weekend looking like this:


And loving every minute of it. Go Hurricanes!

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I miss playing softball! Have fun this weekend!

    4 miles is a good compromise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!