About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A year in review

Simply put, I have had the most awesom-mest of years!

2012 cemented my status as a long distance runner and allowed me to do so while still holding down a challenging full time job and being a wife, and mother to two, very active (and super adorable) boys.

Ready for Christmas with my side of the family.

I ran my first costumed race.


I ran a half marathon PB to start the spring racing cycle.


I ran my first and second 30k races this year and managed to enjoy both despite the challenges that they brought. And I enjoyed tweeting during races!

I raced through my town and enjoyed the most memorable race moment ever:

Just past the 10k mark at the Milton Half Marathon.

I made new friends


I ate a lot of great food (just look for my WIAW posts)








I ran a very tough and character building half marathon

 I ended the race year with a bang, pacing Ali through her first half marathon!

And finally, last but not least, not at all


Total KM: 2,100
Approximate time: 212 hours running.

Total enjoyment.

All the best to you and yours in 2013.





7 comments:

  1. What an awesome recap!!!! Great highlights and I know I read the recap but I never knew that was your first marathon! CONGRATS :) I hope to become a marathoner in 2013! .....and I hope you'll be up for the pacing on that one too ;)

    ....I'll need someone to complain to after all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a fantastic year. It was great for me and very inspiring to read all about your journey. Thanks for that. Cheers to an awesome 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a fantastic year. Can't wait to see what you do in 2013! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic year you had. I love that picture of your sons on the step. They look like little angels!

    Have a fun and fabulous 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great year! Congrats on all of your accomplishments! Here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very inspiring.
    I'm not crying... there's something in my eye

    ReplyDelete
  7. a fantastic 2012! hope you and your family have a blessed 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!