About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, December 6, 2012

November Recap!

November was another low month of running! I ended up sick and took the entire week off so I'm actually pretty proud of what I was able to accomplish!

# of runs: 13

Longest run: 21.1k at the Hamilton Half Marathon

Races: The amazing Hamilton Half Marathon that I ran with Ali!

Highlight run of the month: Pacing and racing with Ali through her very first half marathon. It was so much fun:


Total KM: 120.47k– This is my lowest month of the year. My next lowest month was October at 122.6k. That's fine though, I'm not in offical trainig for anything right now.

Total time spent running: 11h47m05s

Average pace per KM: 0:05:52

So far December is going okay. I actually managed five runs last week which was pretty amazing! I've executed two 5am runs so far and am gearing up to continue this trend. I'm off work from the 22nd onward, so I hope to be able to get runs in during this time as well. In case you're wondering, the house is still for sale. SIGH.

I hope you had a great November! My next training cycle starts in January when does your next cycle start?


8 comments:

  1. My November was very low in mileage, fell off and was way too inconsistent. December will be great though! (well, that's the goal..lol)

    Glad the Hamilton 1/2 was a success! I've been looking into possibility to do the Hamilton Boxing Day run if I can get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people do the boxing day 10 miler. I'm not sure about the course as I can never do it as that is when my family celebrates Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Great month especially considering you were sick. The rest will do you good I'm sure! My training has started already (24 week plan). Have a great December! Looks like you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, what are you planning for this spring? Toronto or Mississauga or something else? 24 weeks, eh? Are there extra long runs in that?

      Delete
    2. I'm leaning towards Mississauga again if the date works out. The plan has me going to that weekend, but I could adjust slightly if I decide on something else. The 24 week plan doesn't have long runs go beyond 14 miles until week 7 (when an 18 week plan would start). First 18 mile run not until week 14.

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't worry to much about having a low month. It's probably better for your body to get the rest. I'm starting up in January also. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! that was my favourite November memory as well :) can't wait for our next *amazing* race ;) <--- haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!