About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, September 1, 2011

AUGUST!

August was an amazing month for me! I really got into my Hamilton Half training and I haven't fallen off of the plan in a major way yet.

I joined the RR group for hill work almost every Tuesday and I got some great long solo runs in, including running from home to my parents house. I added Track Intervals to my training and really started to see the results from them. I also discovered that I really liked them.

More then straight tempo runs I think.

I continued to get out with local friends when I could including meeting up with a girl from the RR group for a long run and various runs with Jenn with and without our boys:
BFFs!

In total I ran 155.92k in 17h19m55s for an average pace per KM of 0:06:40.

My longest run was 18k and I completed that easy in 2h16s. I'm feeling good about my upcoming races in September and the ability I'll have to run PBs. My only anxiety is that I return to work from Mat Leave on September 6th and I don't want to loose this training momentum. I'm sure racing twice in September will really help to carry me through.

It was a great August. I'm so lucky to be able to participate in this sport.

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding month indeed. A varied program has helped your running for the long haul.

    Returning to work may cause some slight changes but unless the worst happens you will be able to adjust.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good last month! Good luck keeping that momentum going with getting back in the work routine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!