About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday






Well, I kinda missed the theme here as my snacks are not spooky and my treats are not healthy, but this meal is brought to you by Thanksgiving Monday (October 8), so I'm not really in the wrong here.
 
Bacon was on sale this week and I took full advantage (My husband can't eat pork, so we normally have Turkey Bacon).


Lunch included wontons, samosa's and homemade chicken noodle soup

After lunch treat that I "baked" with the kids that morning.
Missing photos include a cheese and cracker snack platter (cheddar, brie and applewood smoked!) and two beers and wine!

Thanksgiving dinner. We had the whole family (my folks, my sister, husband and kids - Brayden, 14 and Brenna, 11). Mum cooked the whole dinner. Turkey with sage and onion stuffing, mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, carrots and broccoli with gravy.

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream (homemade by mum as well). I don't like fruit pies (mushy fruit- YUCK), but don't mind pumpkin pie or chocolate pie.

I hope you enjoyed a very happy Thanksgiving! I was in bed at 9pm after all of that rich food!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, yummy! Jealous of your great spread...I still have to wait another month and a half ;)

    I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I have to wait awhile for mine too :(

    I loved eating those holiday-themed sugar cookies when I was younger. Do you remember when they used to come in a tube and you had to cut them? Now they are boring and come pre-cut. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just about perfect for holiday Monday! Mmm!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!