About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, March 4, 2013

February Recap!


February brought its own challenges in terms of the weather (snow! ice! slush! snow!) and moving into our new home, but I continued to make time for running, even if it meant waking up at 0455 on a Tuesday morning to get a tempo run in before work. I'm well on my way in terms of marathon training and some realistic goals are starting to form in my mind.

# of runs: 19

Longest Run: 26k LSD run completed with the lovely Wayne from our Marathon clinic. It windy, but a perfect day otherwise (for the February we were having) and it was a personal distance record for Wayne. I'm starting to LOVE my red delicious apples post run again.

Races: None!

Highlight run of the Month: Running the Around the Bay hills with Ali from Running with Spatulas. Unfortunately it was her worst run to date but it was nice to see her again and I got to run with Ali's husband Colin as he experienced the infamous Around the Bay hills for the first time and got a personal distance record for the day. And we looked great at the start!



Total KM: 200.48, I ran for six days in a row to get to the 200km milestone! That's a run streak for me.

Total time spent running: 20h21m39s

Average pace per KM: 0:06:06 - with all of the long runs in this month (four were 19k plus!), it makes sense that my average pace will drop a little.

March started with an amazing race at the Chilly Half Marathon which I detail as soon as the photos are ready.

1 comment:

  1. That's one fantastic month - 200km and 19 runs is a lot! Hope things continue that way for march!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!