About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Friday, March 23, 2012

Around the Bay 30K RUN goals

You read that right. These goals are RUN, not RACE, goals.

I decided not to race Around the Bay this year as it is not my goal race. My goal race is the Mississauga Marathon on May 6th and I do not want to do anything that may compromise being able to complete that race.

Also, everyone from my running clinic who is signed up for Around the Bay feels the exact same way.

So, we are all going to travel to the race together and stick to a LSD pace, likely crossing the finish line between 3hr15min and 3hr20min.

The only other goal I have for this race is to NOT walk up any of the hills.

I’m bib 4305. I hope to meet many people on Sunday!

Good luck to everyone using this as a race, I have no doubt I’ll be racing this one year soon.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on the RUN! It takes some mental gymnastics to hold back and treat it as training rather than a race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great race/run! Will keep my eye open for 4305! It's a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan. Have a great race (run)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good plan! I find it hard to hold back in races, but knowing your A race is a few weeks will help :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great plan and I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!