About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Friday, August 17, 2012

MidSummer Night's Run 30k Race Goals!


Tomorrow, I will run my very first Midsummer Night's Run 30k race! I'm so excited as I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Theatre Theory and Criticism (and a minor in Film & TV Theory/Criticism), so this run is right up my ally. Plus, the Bard's Midsummer Night's Dream is one of the best of his cannon; a fun, sexually charged romp with fantasy, frolic and love (of course, as it is a comedy).



I had originally thought I would attempt a 5:40 pace per KM for this run, but have decided against that plan.

I want to have fun on this race.

The race starts at 5:30pm and the longest distance I've ever run at that time was 16k and I was very sick afterward.

I won't be able to nap or rest during the day on Saturday as my husband has to work (although my parents are coming to help with the kids!)

I want to run with DailyMile friends.

I want to run with a pacer.

And so, my goal for the MidSummer Night's 30k Run is:

3:00:00

That's a 6:00/km pace and should be easy for me! I'm planning on bringing 3 gels and a pack of chomps and eating a bagel with peanut butter around 3-3:30 to mimic what I'd normally do in a morning race. I will also run with water (belt or handheld TBD) and take advantage of the water stops. If I feel crappy, I'll go slower. If I feel amazing, I'll go faster. The plan is to stick with the pacer through 20k at the very least.

I can't wait to run this race for the first time! If you see me, please say "Hi!" I'll be starting with the 3-hour pacer.

Good luck to all and HAVE FUN!

5 comments:

  1. You can go to school for criticism? Darn! I'd have been good at that. And it's probably way more fun than bookkeeping! LOL Your goals are pretty much exactly what mine are. We're like two peas in a pod, you and I. Right down to our PB's! :o) Looking forward to seeing you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great race, it's a nice event. Can't wait to hear all about it! I ran it for two years but taking this year off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did it go? I did the 15K and found the start a bit hot, so imagine that would have been tought on you doing the 30K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how did you do? I think I saw you pass me at the 25K mark. Were you wearing the Energizer Night Race shirt? Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!