About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Feb 4/09

I must be hitting a plateau in my inspiration/willpower. I have no desire to do any kind of workout anymore and I don’t really care about my cheats. Ah well, what can I do? I have managed to motor onwards. I guess I’ll have a breakthrough again. I betcha that mid-February is when all of those fitness related New Year resolutions get shelved. I can totally see why it happens. The winter is just d r a g g i n g along and the workouts just seem like another part of the drudgery. Well, I will not fall suspect to that trap! My eating may not be the best, but I’m determined to get to the end of those tickers!

B: Cheerios and All Bran Buds, coffee
L: Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat
S: Grapes, yogurt
D (at my parents): Baked pork chop, potato, corn, jello (lime! Yum!), 2x oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies, tea
Ex: 40 mins on the treadmill, about 5.15km. I pushed the stop button with about 5 minutes left! So disappointing! I did try a different tactic in that I ran at 6.0 during the commercials and then ran at 5.0 during the programming. I don’t think this would work when watching sports, but it is okay during shows like LOST which I was watching. I’m just working to improve the 5km time now and I’m employing some tips I read about online. I’ve also decided to get new orthotics and new running shoes. I can’t get in to see my podiatrist until March, but that gives me time to save for the shoes. My goal is to be able to run outside without shin splints. A friend of mine is keen to do a 5k race, so I’m looking at something in the spring. There is a great one on April 4th, but I already have plans! Oh well, I’m sure 5k races are not that hard to find, especially in the GTA.

S: Nibs
H20: 2L

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the treadmill and awesome that you're considering a 5K this spring. Check out the race listings on runningroom.com - there are a couple of 5K's in Toronto in April.

    Here are your interview questions:

    1. What do you love most about where you live?

    2. What accomplishment are you most proud of?

    3. What would people be most surprised to learn about you?

    4. What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?

    5. If you could make one totally crazy, unreasonable wish, what would it be?


    To play along:

    1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
    2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
    3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
    4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
    5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!