About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, April 30, 2012

Mississauga Marathon Training Week 17

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
Here we go! Second last week!

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Last tempo run of the cycle! 10 minute warm up at 6:00/km, 20 minute tempo at 5:12/km and 10 minute cool down at 6:00/km. This felt good and easy on the treadmill. 6.8k, 40:00

Wednesday: Steady 12k around both community lakes chatting away with Paul discussing race plans and feeling sad that he won't be able to race on Sunday as I'm sure we'd run together. 12k, 1:12:12

Thursday: Another easy run around just one lake. I ended up alone but that was fine. I enjoyed the run without looking at my watch and the pace felt easy. 10k, 58:39

Friday: Rest

Saturday: This was scheduled to be 16k race pace, but my husband had to work so I ended up switching out Saturday's and Sunday's runs. I just ran easy again without looking at the watch and the pace was the same as Thursday. 6.34k, 37:13

Sunday: Race pace 16k! I started out nice and early which was good because the marathon starts at 7:30. I was up at 5:15am and ate and relaxed and then headed out the door around 6:15am. It was so cold that I couldn't wear the shorts I hope to wear on marathon day or the shirt, but I wore both on my 33k run, so I'm not worried. I got on pace right away with now problems and spent the next 16k doing my best to slow down! I was under my targeted 5:41/km pace in every kilometer except one when I hit 5:43. I decided to walk to take my drinks and GU as this is the strategy for race day and it obviously didn't slow me down. I finished the run strong and easy (man, if only I was running a half - I would ROCK it OUT!) and decided that I'd be finding the 4hr pace bunny on Sunday come hell or high water. 16k, 1:28:47

Total KM: 51.14, Total Time: 4:56:51, Average pace per KM: 0:05:48

So this week, expect a few more posts than normal. I will be writing one on race plans and asking for advice and on my race goals - of course! I value any and all input you can provide!

SIX DAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!