About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, January 19, 2009

Jan 18/09

I am a rock star. More on that later.

B: 1 slice toast with Peanut Butter. The kid stole the other slice. Coffee x2
L: Small multigrain roll with salami, yogurt, grapes
Ex: 40 mins on the treadmill. 4.5km total. Ran 30 mins straight at 4.9 pace
S: 15x Wheat Thins
D: Salmon, jasmine rice (SO good. I don’t know why I’ve never bought this kind of rice before), asparagus. 2x Laura Secord chocolate pieces – the box is gone now
S: NIBS. They are gone now. Thank goodness.

Ah yes. The Rock Star! I can’t believe I ran so long and for so far! IEEEEE!!!! I’m so happy! Basically I forced the husband to hook up the old TV in front of our basement treadmill. I put on a hockey game and ran and ran. I just found it so much easier to keep going and even the time counting down to the second intermission didn’t bother me. I’m hoping that I can keep this up. I feel pretty impatient to get to 5km, but I know that taking my time and increasing my speed/distance is the only way to go. I am going to attempt another 40 mins on Monday night (with Huge Laurie – ah, Dr. Greg House) and see what I can do. The very crazy thing is that last spring I tried to do a learn to run program running exclusively outside. I had to drop out of it (it was an online thing, no fees) because I had crazy, hurtful shin splints and could not walk (nor play baseball). I’ve not felt a damn thing since I began with the treadmill. I know most people prefer the outdoors, but I’ve got to say I’m loving my treadmill more and more every time I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!